Monday, October 28, 2019

First Day Editing Vans Commercial

Today was hectic. Lesly, Jazmin, and I continued to film for our commercial today because Lesly wasn't there on our first film day. That took up the majority of my class time but I made sure to use every single second effectively, not wasting time. This threw us behind and delayed our editing process. Another problem, was when I attempted to open Pinnacle Studios it was not working. I received a message stating that it was not working. Therefore, This made our editing process unsuccessful. We were only able to dumb our new footage into my Google Drive. Unfortunately, we have to wait until the next class to edit our footage. My group members and I were devastated.

The good news was that I was able to use my friend's computer to dump and edit. I decided to have my friends use it for dumping and editing our commercial. As I started doing this blog, those who were finished would help them. I was typing the blog as Lesly started dumping the footage. Then, Jazmin and Lesly started their editing blog. This made the process of getting the commercial done, better. I and my group didn’t really start editing yet but we will get to that soon. The editing part is when we have the time to sit down and think about how the film should go. Today was mainly about filming and dumping just like what we did last class and have been learning for weeks. Nevertheless, we have to wait until the next class to edit our footage.

I'm planning ahead about editing techniques I plan to use in my Vans commercial. Some include adding title and Vans logo, cropping footage, and fade out. Hopefully next class, when we begin editing that I'll see a vision along with my group members of our commercial coming to life. I hope that editing will be successful. It may be hard at first, but Lesly and Jazmin seem to be experienced and ready to edit our footage. The type of sounds I plan to use in my Vans commercial include voiceover, diegetic sound, and special effect sounds. The camera movements and angles we used were: Tilt shot, pan shot, long shot, medium close up shot, and over the shoulder, point of view, and zoom in/out. All of these editing techniques and sounds will be used while editing our Vans commercial. We will try to edit so it comes in between 15 seconds and 30 seconds. Ultimately, I will create a fun and typical story-based Vans commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment