Thursday, November 7, 2019

Second Day Editing Vans Commercial

Unlike the last class, today was calm. Lesly, Jazmin, and I all worked on editing our commercial. It took up the majority of my class time but I made sure to use every single second effectively, not wasting time. Since I was able to use my friend's computer to dump and edit the last class, it made the process of getting the commercial done, better. I just signed out a computer and went to Google Drive to access all of the footage. When I was ready to edit, I opened Pinnacle Studios and imported everything into the program. I highlighted the footage and clicked "Start Import" to make sure they were are all imported. From there, I started the editing process by editing the raw footage. I dragged the footage down to AV track 2. The following paragraph will explain the different tools I used and what happened during my editing process.

I used the razor blade icon to split almost all of the scenes because some were too long or unnecessary. Next, I detached multiple audios from the shots. I did this by right-clicking on the scene and the "Detach Audio" option was visible. Due to the fact that most of the background sound in the shots were loud noises or people socializing. This made my group members and I think about adding low background music. I emphasized to Lesly and Jazmin that it would help accomplish our product and not have the commercial be completely silent. Moving on, I added a fade-out to the ending scene. I did this by right-clicking and searching it on the effect’s editor. This made the image disappear gradually until the screen is completely black. My group and I were planning to make the ending scene fade out to a Vans logo, however, we all had difficulty importing the downloaded image.

Overall, my planning ahead about editing techniques last class made the process of getting the commercial done, better. I planned to crop footage, remove audio, and add a fade out. As a result, I did all of those things. The type of sounds I planned to use in my Vans commercial included voiceovers, background music, diegetic sounds, and special effect sounds. Although I had trouble adding background music, so I ended up using the ones that Pinnacle Studio offered. The diegetic sounds and special effect sounds didn't really suit the scenes. So, I stuck to the voiceovers and possible background music. The camera movements and angles we used were: tilt shot, pan shot, long shot, medium close up shot, and over the shoulder, point of view, and zoom in/out. All of which were clear and edited with techniques during my editing process. Ultimately, I created a fun and typical story-based Vans commercial that came in between 15 seconds and 30 seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment