Monday, October 14, 2019

Editing Lesson

In class today, I learned the procedure of checking in and out a camera bag. To check-in and out a camera bag, one of the people in my group (Jazmin and Lesly) must get an equipment agreement every time. A camera bag includes a camera, SD card, and a tripod if necessary. It is mandatory to return it back to the teacher in the next class period. I also learned many new definitions of key terms. One being, that import is when footage is placed from the desktop to another source. Dumping is when footage is moved from a camera to a computer. Exporting is when footage is removed from desktop to another source. The following paragraphs will be my explanation of what I learned in class, regarding the procedure of recording, dumping, and editing. Furthermore, I learned was the process of recording and dumping footage. The first step is to turn the camera on, by clicking the button and opening it. Then, inserting the SD card and starting your footage. After you have enough or all the footage needed, you can dump it into the editing software. Pinnacle Studios is the editing software that we will be using. The process of dumping is getting the SD card and inserting it into the SD card reader. Putting it into the USB port. Making a folder for all the footage. Next, I must highlight everything and move to the folder. Afterward, I can remove the SD card and put it back into the camera bag. AVCHD is in privacy if the footage is not found, which the stream will have everything in the SD card. I must remember to remove all the footage that I've created into the SD into the computer. After it is put into the computer, then I will import the data into the program we are using to edit our commercial. Lastly, I learned how to edit the footage. I click on import and look for my folder after clicking it. Then, I'll highlight the footage and click "Start Import" to make sure they are all imported. From there, I start the editing process by editing the raw footage. We are building it on AV track 2 because each track is a different layer of the commercial. To build the film, I must drag footage down to the tracks. When I edit, there are certain icons such as the razor blade which splits scenes in half. This can allow you to add a transition, by right-clicking and searching it on the effect’s editor. Another icon is the "T" icon, which adds texts anywhere onto the footage. Overall, the lesson taught to me today in media studies was interesting and very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment