Monday, November 25, 2019

First Day Filming The Music Video

Over the weekend, my group and I filmed our music video. We filmed at my house on both Saturday and Sunday. The people who were involved in the filming process were Lesly, Jazmin, Brit, our friend Nick, and I. We decided to film out of order and just do what we wanted, as long as we recorded what we needed. On Saturday, I filmed Lesly as soon as he arrived because he would be leaving early. I recorded his “birthday suit” scene with the lyrics: "I’ll just strut in my birthday suit, and let everything hand lose.” We then filmed all of the parts which did not include him. Next, Lesly recorded the scene of me laying in bed at a high angle to match the lyrics: “I just wanna lay in my bed.” After my scene, I filmed Jazmin’s over-the-shoulder scene where she was sitting on the couch and she tossed her phone as she was receiving a call from Lesly (Lyrics: “Don’t feel like picking up the phone, so leave a message at the tone.”). After this, we took a short break to eat snacks and then proceeded with the next scene. It was a dance sequence where they came up with simple steps to express the lyrics: “Today I don’t feel like doing anything.” It took us some time to come up with, but Jazmin guided us throughout the way. During this scene, my mom was in charge of filming (Lyrics: “No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, nooo.”). For it, I printed out papers that read “No” for everyone, except Lesly. We all stood in a line side by side and we each extended out the paper every time we heard “No” in the song. On the last “No,” Lesly jumped in front of the camera and put his sunglass into the camera. My group and I ended up filming five scenes before Lesly had to go to leave for his basketball game. 

As soon as Lesly left, Jazmin, Brit, Nick, and I continued filming the scenes that did not involve him. The first scene we filmed was a video game scene where Nick was playing video games, but then he throws the controller to the side and relaxed (Lyrics: “Oh, today I don’t feel like doing anything.”). Secondly, I filmed Brit's scene where she was in the bathroom mirror with a comb in her hand and shaking her head to the lyrics: "No, I ain’t gonna comb my hair. Cause I ain’t going anywhere." Then, Jazmin filmed the scene where I was laying in bed again, but this time, I turned over onto my side and put a blanket over my head. Lastly, we filmed the other two scenes. We filmed a scene where Jazmin took her shoes off for the Lyrics: "Cause today I swear I’m not doing anything." The final scene of the day was the part of the song which went, “Don’t feel like picking up the phone, so leave a message at the tone.” For this scene, Brit recorded an insert that displayed a bunch of missed calls to express the lyrics. That was it for filming on Saturday. The following paragraph will be what happened when I filmed the next day. 

On Sunday, everyone met up at my house again to conclude our music video. We decided to cut the scenes short and change the storyboard to an extent. We technically only filmed one scene. It was the last scene, where we lip sung the lyrics: “Nothing at all!” Then, we threw the confetti in the air, huddled, and cheered.  We used the confetti as a prop. As Nick, Lesly, Brit, and I huddled around, Jazmin stepped away from the group, walked up to the camera, and covered it with her hands. This was inspired by Bruno Mars's original music video, which meant to portray that the music video was over. After filming, we went to an arcade and a pizza restaurant to award ourselves. Overall, I feel relieved and very confident with all the footage. It was also a fun and successful experience. I cannot wait to edit with my group and see everyone's ideas come to life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment